SOME FOOTCARE TIPS FROM OUR WONDERFUL PODIATRISTS?
Here are some tips on how to look after your feet. If you have trouble looking after your feet or have pain or concerns please call and book an appointment.
1.Wash your feet often – but do not soak for too long as you may destroy your skins natural skin oils.
2.Dry your feet well – Dry your feet thoroughly after washing them, especially between the toes, which is where fungal infections can develop.
3. Moisturise and file – If your skin is dry, apply moisturising cream all over the foot, except for between the toes.
Gently remove hard skin and calluses with a pumice stone or foot file. Don’t overdo it or you could damage fresh skin underneath.
4. Cut toenails carefully – Trim your toenails regularly using proper nail clippers. Cut straight across, never at an angle or down the edges. This can cause ingrown toenails.
5. Socks – Change daily and try to wear socks made of cotton. These allow your feet to breathe and help keep them at the right temperature. Make sure your socks fit properly and do not rub.
6. Shoes – Wear well fitting, secured shoes all the time.
7. Exercise – Keep mobile and walking as these help keep the joints, muscles and tendons of the feet strong and mobile.
If you have any queries or concerns please do call the clinic we have Podiatry appointments available Monday to Friday, email or use the contact us page on the website.
Here are some additional links on specific conditions
CORNS AND CALLUS
INGROWING TOE NAIL
We are here for you.
The Grosvenor Team